Friday, July 5, 2013

Introduction

I've wrestled with the idea of starting a blog for a couple of years now but just could not decide on where I wanted to take it. Nearly eight years ago I took an interest in Church history, I soon discovered Orthodoxy, within two years I started the journey. Now, I stand on the precipice, nearly a catechumen, but not quite there yet. This is an opportune time to start the blog. I desire to share my story, my struggles, as I wrestled with doctrine, theology, and sometimes with the Holy God. Much of my attraction to Orthodoxy was intellectual: many of the doctrinal issues I had with Roman Catholicism—and with Western Christianity as a whole—I did not find in the East. Never did I imagine that I would actually become Orthodox; I hoped that one day I would, but I live in an area where the closest Orthodox church is almost two hours away, and I was also involved in my parents home church ministry. I was in the wrong place and the wrong time. So it seemed. However, these years became my desert.

This blog will cover a wide range of topics. You will see my feeble attempts at grasping theological and philosophical concepts over the years. In no way do I set myself up as an infallible authority. Please keep in mind that this is my story. I may misunderstand some things, but please bear with me, the purpose of this blog is to present my thought process over the last eight years. I hope and pray that one person can benefit from my ramblings.

A little about me: I live in the north Georgia mountains. I'm married to my wonderful and beautiful wife Emily. I studied recording engineering in college. I'm a musician. An amateur writer. Self-proclaimed coffee snob. I have a voracious appetite for theology, philosophy, and literature. Thought about going into seminary, but my own laziness has kept me from doing so. Sometimes I have a childlike, adventurous spirit...and other times I'm an old recluse.

Ground rules: Be respectful of others. I will not tolerate the “holier-than-thou” attitude. I will not tolerate any disrespect of others: whether it be other commenters or religious, ethnic, political groups. You will get one warning, then your comments will be deleted and you'll be blocked.

Thank you for visiting. Any questions please let me know. I pray that this blog will be a blessing to others. Kyrie Eleison.  

No comments:

Post a Comment